Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 1 to Vanilla 2 Migration

leogopalleogopal New
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I migrated my data from Vanilla 1 to Vanilla 2
But upon migrating the user roles default to those of my version 1 (4 roles as apposed to 7)

etc.
Is this supposed to happen? bug? how do i solve this?

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    This is supposed to happen. The roles are all imported from the old database. You can add new roles after the migration and give them whatever permissions you want.
  • Options
    @Todd, Thank you, yeh i figured, though the only level i do not understand is when i am given the screen for default roles and the two options are all roles for new/approved users and then for guest users...

It is check boxes, how does that work... multiple roles... doesnt quite make as much sense to me...
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2010
    You can select multiple roles, but most people would just select one each.The first one would have a role named something like "Member." The second one would have something like "Gueast" or "Unauthenticated."

Good topic for a help post. I'll get on that.