Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What can guest see?

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Can the guest see the thread titles, or the discussions? Or can they see nothing, just a sign on page

Comments

• Nothing.
  • I'm not a coder. How can modify this plugin to allow guests to see thread titles only?
    It would be awesome a plugin with various option that can be choosen by the Admin (Show thread titles only, show title and excerpts, show nothing...).
    Just an idea: I can not imagine how this is difficult to obtain.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    that would be awesome... it attracts people to register
  • Any news? :P
  • BeeZe455BeeZe455 New
    edited January 2014

Hi Guys,

I wanted the same thing, but wanted to google to read the content. Edit the default.php and replace "Base_Render_Before" with "DiscussionController_AfterComment_Handler". The cool thing is I did a fetch as google and it showed the discussion. Check out neriders dot com for an example.

• Dammit, Can't split this topic, will probably get unattached from the plugin.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited January 2014

@BeeZe455 Use the ForceRedirect plugin, it can be configured to show what you want.

• Thanks! Not sure how I missed that.

• rotaechorotaecho Los Angeles New

Awesome plugin, thanks!