Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Transformation in Imageboard

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello, I trying make simple imgboard like 4chan on vanilla base. I have any questions, I hope you help me.
1. image How to implement the ability to add pictures to posts? Algorithm added: downloading images, check for duplicates (if there is the same picture - show an error), the picture is renamed (as 1280062494849.jpg to prevent conflicts), stored in the folder "/uploads/category_name/...", in the post is inserted thumbs.

2. image Sheet discussions output as the post topic starter + the first three comments.

I would be grateful if you tell what files to edit, enter any manuals to read, or write once solution. Sorry for the terrible English.

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    We have a file upload plugin that will be released shortly which should do most of what you want or at least be a good starting point.
  • @Todd do you have a release date for this plugin ?
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Nothing official, but soon. A lot of people are asking for it.
  • Having just installed Vanilla 2, the addition of this file upload plugin would be ideal for me.