Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Search function on installation not working

JoosBuijsJoosBuijs New
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi all,

I have a question if anyone else experiences the same problem.
When I search on my installation of Vanilla I return to the main index showing all the discussion.
The URL ends with 'forum/index.php?Search=Vanilla' so it does post correctly. When I enable the debugging plug-in the search term does not appear in any of the executed queries.
This makes me believe that the problem might be somewhere in redirection/routing. Is there anything that I could try to fix the search functionality?

Joos

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    This is a bug that will be uploaded in 2.01.
  • i have tha same thing, but this solution is working for me:
    check the conf/config.php, and chage this line:
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = FALSE;
    to this:
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;

and you need the .htaccess file in your main directory, i just forget to upload it, because on Mac, hidden files are not visible, and the .htaccess file is not shown on the list.
    Here is the .htaccess file, just put it to the main directory:
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On # Certain hosts may require the following line. # If vanilla is going to be in a subfolder change this to /foldername # RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L] </IfModule>
  • @passatgt your solution didn't work for me .. after changing the rewriteurls to TRUE I get redirected to a URL that does not exist .. not sure why ..
  • you have a .htaccess file?
    i was having exactly the same problem, but after i uploaded the .htaccess file, its working
  • @passatgt yes I do have a .htaccess file in the root where my forum is installed .. anyway I will try to fiddle with it a little more .. otherwise I'll have to wait for the new release for it to be fixed. It's too bad, the Search feature is really an important feature -

Thanks anyway
  • @Todd: good to know. Let's wait for 2.0.1 to come out then...

Joos
  • # If vanilla is going to be in a subfolder change this to /foldername

what am I changing exactly ?

RewriteEngine On
    # Certain hosts may require the following line.
    # If vanilla is going to be in a subfolder change this to /foldername
    # RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    The name of the folder that Vanilla 2 is in. So if you install Vanilla 2 into a folder called /forum you would add:
    RewriteBase /forum
    Clear?
  • gotcha thanks
  • how can answer to a certain guy