Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

embedding videos

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
anyone know why youtube links don't embed anymore (ever since i upgraded from rc2)... i liked the size and positioning of the autoembed feature, it was awesome

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Hmmm. I imagine this has to do with the fact that we dropped HtmlPurifier and moved to HtmLawed instead. It increased our speed immensely, but this may have been one of the very few downsides to making that switch. I'm mentioning @Todd here to see if he has anything to add - He implemented HtmLawed.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @Raize, how did you embed the clip? This is something that can be fixed.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    All I did was copy and paste the link to the video in the post... that's the best part about it, the link automatically gets embedded as a video

You can see here:
    http://bhangraholic.com/forum/discussion/17/master-saleem-teray-hussan-de-maare-prod-by-dj-sanj/#Item_1

After @Mark's tip I deactivated HtmLawed and after that embedding works again... I guess HtmlPurifier took over the work. Regular links and video links are working great again.

Although I would like to point out that it conflicts with the Signatures plugin.