Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 2.x.x installation is NOT working. I get a Parse error in bootstrap.php - Please help?

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I can't seem to get the installation of Vanilla 2.0.3 working.

I uploaded the zip file, unzipped it directly on the server, renamed the folder to "vanilla", then loaded the page in the browser as per instructions.

Nothing happens except an error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '(' in /home/pryley/public_html/vanilla/bootstrap.php on line 64

What can I do to get this fixed?

This is what is installed on the server:
MySQL version: 4.1.22-standard
Apache version: 1.3.42
PHP version: 5.2.9

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    This sounds puzzling. Are you sure you have php 5.2.9 and everything got copied over properly? When you get a syntax error it usually means you are actually running php 4.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks Todd! I logged in to the cPanel again and checked the PHP Configuration.
    I found out it was using the system default (PHP 4) to handle ".php" file extensions. I switched it to use PHP 5 and now it's working.
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    On a side note...it would be great to have a "solved" button or something similar for posts in the forum!