Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Templates editable online

edited December 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I was wondering whether the templates are configurable online, i.e. within the admin panel. Or do they have to be edited then uploaded via FTP?

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I would think the latter, unless someone manages to create a better file admin editor than mini or I managed to a few months ago.
  • Options
    Yep. I posted this BEFORE I knew how the templates were written. I was hoping that the way mark did them was similar to the way vBulletin had done, whereby it's complete HTML with variables scattered around. However they're all outputted by PHP. Kinda a shame.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    well, in some cases, if it's nicely written, you could edit php files with a well crafted php script. It's just the matter of telling that script not to parse other scripts as it's reading it into the page for editing. Much like wordpress does to allow anyone to edit the templates providing permissions are set on the files to allow writing back to them.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It would actually be very easy to accomplish this. You just read the template into a textarea with the file function. Do your worst and save it. But I will not be writing that extension any time soon. Too much margin for error.
  • Options
    This is another thing I'd really like to see.

I really do need to sit down with some tutorials and start learning PHP.
This discussion has been closed.