Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Facebook style chat?

NimaveliNimaveli New
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is it possible to integrate a facebook style chat system with Vanilla forums? Would making a plug-in for this take a lot of time?

Comments

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    there are third party options you can install such as http://www.cometchat.com/
  • Options
    @Raize
    I'm not sure if that works with Vanilla though, I contacted them asking if it works and they said, ''yes buy the premium or platinum edition''. Well, I don't want to pay 300$ for such a feature. The basic version, which is 50$ is good enough. But I don't know if it works with Vanilla.
  • Options
    Then the are A**holes, they are obviously only trying to make money.

It says on the beginning page that it only requires php and mysql, which is what vanilla runs on, so there is no reason it would not work with Vanilla.

As for a facebook style chat, one would have to work on a friends application first, wouldn't they?
  • Options
    @Zodiacdm
    Yea, but it would be cool if with that Facebook style chat you could chat with all the members who are browsing the site at that moment.