Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Allow html in site messages

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
It would be a quick and easy way to add things like google adsense or other non-text content to the site. Maybe a radio button under "manage messages" that allows html to be turned on/off would be cool.

Comments

• You have a very good point there, @Raize.

I had thought of this, as the inspiration for my site has something similar.

It would not be hard to do at all, I believe, to make a plugin that puts a single module in a specific location, which contains whatever html you configure in the dashboard.

Making a plugin that could go multiple places and with the option of putting multiple modules in one place would be a bit more difficult, though this would be the best idea if the plugin is to be versatile. I can't promise anything soon, but I'll look into it :d
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    @zodiacdm

Check this out, it's what we used in Vanilla 1 and it pretty much does what you described (allows you to place snippets of code in various parts of the site)

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/283/nuggets