Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problems with uploading a profile image and change username on forum

Hey,

Im having problems with my new vanilla forum installation. The problems is with uploading a profile image and change username on forum like user-settings. Getting to a "page not found" -site and for changing name you only stand loading with nothing happening.

Solutions?

I also want to ask if theres a solution to auto-accept members that applies to a forum with a certan *.@-email adress?

Comments

• Options
    It works with changing and adding image now but i want to get tips about auto-accepting thing. Pls :)
  • Options
    If you fixed it, can you please tell the rest of us how you actually did it so you can help out others as well so we can solve that similar problem. Thanks.
  • Options
    I had the same problem.

By looking through the source of applications/dashboard/controllers/class.profilecontroller.php , I saw that we needed a subdir under uploads called "userpics". Added that, made it 777 and owned by www-user, and now it works.

For some reason, this code failed:

// Make sure the avatars folder exists.
    if (!file_exists(PATH_ROOT.'/uploads/userpics'))
    mkdir(PATH_ROOT.'/uploads/userpics');
  • Options
    Turned out that my previous solution only worked for Admin users. For normal users, I also had to turn on "RewriteUrls". Our .htaccess looks like this:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=/$1 [QSA,L]

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    What version of Vanilla2 are you guys using?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Prior to 2.0.6, I had these same problems when not using RewriteUrls. If you haven't already, try upgrading to 2.0.6.