Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theming the Footer

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I might be missing something somewhere, but is there a way to theme the footer? Right now, it says "powered by Vanilla" which is fine except it's about 8 carriage returns down and not very pretty.

I made a theme of my own and I was able to change around some stuff by looking at other themes and how they did the "views" stuff but nothing about the footer.

thanks!

EDIT: To be clear, I'm trying to take control of the footer to add things (not just cssify the existing one).

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2010
    The footer is technically part of default.master.php:
    <div id="Foot"> <?php this->RenderAsset('Foot'); ?> </div>
    So you could do this 1 of 2 ways: either add your code to the #Foot div, or use a plugin to add things to the Foot asset which then gets rendered on the fly as the page loads. I recommend the latter for flexibility if you want to learn how to do even cooler stuff; the former for expedience if you just wanna get this done and move on.

To do it as a plugin, you'll want a method like this in your hooks file:
    public function Base_Render_Before(&$Sender) { $Sender->AddAsset('Foot', 'Function call or text to add'); }
    Search the source code for "AddAsset" to see some examples of its use and the notes on how to use it.
  • @Lincoln: Thanks! I'll give that a try. I'll probably start with suggestion #1 and eventually ge to #2 when I'm feeling adventurous.