Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding Vanilla 1 plug-ins to Vanilla 2...mhhhh?

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is it possible to add Vanilla 1 plug-ins to Vanilla 2? I will die if someone says no, because what would be the point not to have it that way.

Also is it possible to get a version of Vanilla 1?

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    No. As for the 'point', its that they are completely incompatible. Vanilla 2 was rewritten from the ground up, and the old plugins no longer make any sense in the new structure. Sorry!

Vanilla 1 - http://code.google.com/p/lussumo-vanilla/downloads/list?can=1

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• edited August 2010
    @Tim Okay, not to be rude but as a suggestion. When guys start to work on Vanilla 3, you should include say a application that runs Vanilla 2 applications or plugins. More or less like Apples Universal guaranty. I think a lot of people will support something like that. It would sure make upgrading to Vanilla 3 more easier.
  • @Tomtom100 I understand you, but V2 is completely rewritten together with the plugin API and everything. It's like when you would like to add phpBB plugin to Vanilla. It is so different, that it is easier to write completely new addon. I don't know what are plans for V3, but I humbly suppose it would be not that difficult to update V2 addon for V3 when and if V3 is released.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Without V1 there couldn't be a V2, whether the plugins work or not. What I'm trying to say is that Vanilla 2 rocks!