Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Starting a Addon, any advice.

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Lately I started working towards finding a addon that allows me to attach images to a post or discussion. I have heard there is one in the works, but I'm in need of one. So, I've haven't designed anything yet for my forum and need some help on creating a addon. I've looked at the documentation available here but nothing really seems to catch my eye. So If anyone could explain the process of developing an addon, I would really appreciate it.

- The reason I ask all of this is because I'm trying to produce a forum like Macristocracys', and I know they use Vanilla 1.1.5a and attachments 2/Inline-images-1.3 to produce their environment. But Vanilla 2 I heard was built from the ground up not allowing universal addons from Vanilla 1 and 2 (i.e not compatible with Vanilla 2).

Comments

• Check out some official addons to get an idea of how this all should work.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I would try a less complicated plugin for your first effort so you don't get frustrated. It's extremely easy to jump into a huge project when you don't realize how deep it goes and then quickly lose momentum. If you start with something smaller that you can get working over a weekend, you'll get positive feedback (both from the accomplishment and from other people) and be motivated to press onward.