Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Editing and altering the form and view of About me

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, I'm trying to add like a Last.fm or Facebook field were a user can just type in their username "Not linked or redirects to the account though". I've tried it with the plugin and it seems like I can, but why do I get requirement errors saying I haven't added the birth date. I also have gotten other errors for other required fields. What I'm trying to say is, how do I turn off requirements for all the text fields and boxes in the "About me" plugin?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    well, the reason you have to fill in some fields is because the columns in the database were set to not allow empty values.

To set what fields are required to have information:

At the end of the class.aboutme.plugin.php there are several lines like this:

->Column('RelStat', array('s','m','i','d','w'), FALSE)

The TRUE or FALSE at the end represents the answer to the question, allow null (empty) values in this column?

if set to false, you will not be able to leave the field empty.

Unfortunately I believe that you will still have to select a date even if you changed

->Column('BD', 'date', FALSE)

to TRUE, as this is how the Form->Date function works, unless I am mistaken, or it has been updated.

This is the reason I chose to allow to hide the birthday. I was planning on adding options to hide other items, though I am still figuring out a better method than to assign each hide option it's own column.