Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Analytics 1.0 Released

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Initial release of a new plugin: Analytics.

This is a pretty simple plugin that puts the latest Google Analytics javascript in the head section of every page of your forums.

There is another plugin in the list, but I couldn't get it to work and it seemed to be using older Analytics code anyway. This one is fresh like Mentos.

Note: In order for this to work for your site, you must change the $WebId variable in default.php. The file is well commented and it should be obvious where to change it.

It was tested with Vanilla v2.0.6.
Tagged:

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Approved.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @Tim: Woohoo!! Thanks for both the picture and the approval. I'm a real boy now.
  • the old plugin was mine and was for v1.0 only. i haven't touched it in a long time but i'll update it to use the new GA code. thanks for the nudge.
  • edited September 2010
    @ithcy: You can just use mine! =D The one I was referring to, though, was by @derekdon and it was for Vanilla 2. I'm sure it worked just fine way back in January when it was posted. I suspect Vanilla 2 has changed substantially since then.
  • ithcyithcy New
    edited September 2010
    thanks, i'll copy what's in yours.
    i won't pull mine down, only because maybe there's one person somewhere in the world with vanilla 1 who still needs it :)

//edit: ah, ok, well i'll update mine anyway
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Next step: Make the TrackingID configurable via an input box on the dashboard. :D

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• edited September 2010
    Next step: Make the TrackingID configurable via an input box on the dashboard. :D
    That's a good idea. I'm about to go on a cruise, but perhaps when I get back! :)

It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, and there are probably some plugins that would lend a good example.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Doesn't work with Vanilla 2.0.9
  • @Raize Works fine in 2.0.14.
  • Might I suggest just pasting in the javascript for the tracking code in a Pocket? Pockets even let me omit it for specific levels of users, which is nice.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi, i'm on 2.0.16 and like your addon, unfortunately - it does not work for the (automatic) mobile theme.

I got it to work by editing the mobile theme and adding the trcking code at line 45 of the file class.mobilethemehooks.php (in the Base_Render_Before method). Be sure to add \ before the ' characters!
  • Carlo_13Carlo_13
    edited January 2011
    Hi,

I have updated my forum to the 2.0.16 version and this plugin doesn't work anymore.

Does anybody know why ?

Thanks
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    @Tim Your recommendation for a Settings menu does also apply for the Google Analytics from @derekdon ;-)