Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[ProxyConnect] Not reading my Authentication page.

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello,

I'm trying to get Vanilla 2 working with ProxyConnect. I'm using the current versions of both and have followed all the instructions and read all the posts pertaining to this setup. I am trying to integrate this with OpenCart and a custom CodeIgniter application. My CI app is using the OpenCart authentication. I have Vanilla installed in a subfolder, not subdomain.

I have a page set up for the Authenticate URL that is simply echoing something like:

UniqueID=1234
Name=Example Name
Email=email@example.com

no html on the page except for br tags.

My problem is that it seems like Vanilla just isn't reading my Authenticate URL page.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    There should not be any BR tags. Use simple plaintext newlines.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• did you find a solution to this problem? i am having the same issue, and i've tried using '\n' char but it just shows up as plain text. do i need to change the doctype or something?
  • I was able to get the \n working. i was putting it in single quotes before now its in double and the page is formatted correctly. But now when i put the url for authentication into the proxyconnect setup field it still wont stick. all the other fields stay there but authentication URL wont stay.
  • I tried to make contact with DLE but also to no avail ((
    Data is transmitted on one line, but the vanilla does not accept them ((