Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Weird popup during registration

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have a fresh install of Vanilla in a sub-folder that I am currently building a test theme for. When you go to the registration page and type in anything into the Email field, a weird popup appears that includes 404 elements from the main directory, which happens to be an install of bbPress.

This is the page where the weirdness happens:
http://support.bavotasan.com/vanilla/entry/register?Target=discussions

I tested it out in Firefox 3.6.9, Safari 5.0.1 and Chrome 6.0.4 on a Mac.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    this definitely has to do with the fact that you have installed vanilla to a sub-folder of your website.

It seems that a link is pointing to the root of your website, instead of the sub-directory that Vanilla is installed into.

This is a code bug, and I believe @Lincoln would be the best person to ask about a bug fix.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    It's doing a Javascript check on whether that email address is available, and it hits:

http://support.bavotasan.com/index.php?p=/dashboard/user/emailavailable/yourname@domain.com/x

So it looks like entry.js isn't respecting your webroot. You might check your config.php file to make sure it's set correctly. Did you move your installation after the setup? You might also try clearing your .ini files in your /cache folder.

If neither of those work, I'd file an issue on GitHub.
  • Options
    I didn't move the installation. I just installed it in a sub-folder to test it out before I convert my bbPress install over.

Clearing the .ini files didn't do anything. I am not too sure how my config.php file should look. I don't see any reference to a domain or webroot.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Any idea, @Tim? Kinda stumped.
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    edited September 2010
    Seems like perhaps this is somewhere that gdn.url needs to be used, but has yet to be added. 2.0.7 will contain this fix. For now, find entry.js (/applications/dashboard/js/entry.js) and change lines 7-10 from this:
    var checkUrl = gdn.combinePaths( gdn.definition('WebRoot', ''), 'index.php?p=/dashboard/user/emailavailable/'+encodeURIComponent(email)+'/x' );

to this:
    var checkUrl = gdn.url('/dashboard/user/emailavailable/'+encodeURIComponent(email)+'/x');

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    After making that change, find lines 29-32 and change them from this:
    var checkUrl = gdn.combinePaths( gdn.definition('WebRoot', ''), 'index.php?p=/dashboard/user/usernameavailable/'+encodeURIComponent(name) );

to this:
    var checkUrl = gdn.url('/dashboard/user/usernameavailable/'+encodeURIComponent(name));

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    That worked. Thanks.

Does that mean that it won't be checking if the email address has already been used?