Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ProxyConnect for Wordpress

leogopalleogopal New
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi there,

I have a vanilla site with users and I am creating a blog that is semi member only, So the members already exist in vanilla. and I want to use vanilla as the sign in sign up engine and all the vanilla users be authenticated onto the wordpress site, can somebody please show me how this is done, I am new to proxy connect and SSO,

thank you.

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Hi @leogopal,

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but ProxyConnect works in reverse to what you're looking for. We've created a way for people who already have a Wordpress blog with users, and want to add a Vanilla forum which uses that user information... not the other way around.

This is something that we've thought about, but it is really more of a Wordpress thing than a Vanilla thing. Wordpress would need to support remote authentication. They are actually planning something like this for their next release (or so i've been told by one of their devs), so it might be sooner rather than later.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news -_-

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]