Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

New user email notification editing

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This is probably going to be an easy question but I can't seem to find the answer. Whenever I approve a new user, they recieve the notification email as they should. The problem is that the URL they recieve is for the local IP address of the server and not the website URL. How can I change this?

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Hi @Punitor,

I don't fully know why this is happening for you, but if I had to hazard a guess I would say that your web server is slightly misconfigured and is not exposing the vhost properly. So you can either fix that, or you can hardcode the domain name into the vanilla config file. We used to use the WebRoot setting in the past, but we found it was better to autodetect it. If you hardcode it, the config setting will take precedence.

What is the URL to your forum, and I'll tell you what to do to set the webroot.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    www.bigwilliepoker.com
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    In your config.php add the following line:

$Configuration['Garden']['WebRoot'] = "http://www.bigwilliepoker.com/";

Let me know how that goes.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    It works great @Tim. Thanks Alot!!