Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upgrading from 2 to 2.09

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, - simple question but I cant see an answer anywhere. How do I upgrade from 2 to 2.09 - do I upload the whole thing or just certain files. Also I have a problem with changing my picture - I choose a pic and it says page not found. Will this version cure that? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Upload the whole thing.

As for changing your picture, I think that's still a problem with 2.0.9, but the uploading actually works - just go back to your profile page after you get the page not found and you should see the new picture.
  • Options
    Thanks ithcy - how do I make sure I don't overwrite stuff when I upload it all?
  • Options
    You want to overwrite stuff, otherwise you won't get a complete upgrade. If you've changed any of the core files in your setup, you have to make note of what you've changed and make those changes again in the new code. There's no real way around that. Your config and 3rd-party plugins won't be overwritten.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for your help.