Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Creating a user

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi there,
I am looking for some documentation or right direction to create a vanilla user with my own php script.
I have a website which i want to link to vanilla forums ( i have tried proxyconnect, but its no too friendly with me). I was looking for ways to create a user by myself, like, adding a user record directly into the db. i thought it would be easy, except for the password, which is created using some custom encryption and am not very sure how to create a password that complies with vanilla's existing hash. Any suggestions?

I was also looking at the phpass class that vanilla uses for its password generation, but i guess its all too much for me to handle. Is there a simple way to create a usr?

All i need is to be able to create a user myself (something similar to "add user" in the admin dashboard). And, how can i create an encrypted password exactly as vanilla does?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• It is difficult to explain here as its a long code. Email me to ksushil@live.com. I should be able to give you an overview.