Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Unable to listen for .select jQuery event on <textarea>

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm in the process of writing my first addon / plugin for Vanilla and I've hit a snag... I am trying to listen for the .select event on the "#Form_Body" textareas, but I am never catching it. I know it works because I've tried it in a simple HTML test file and it works just fine.

I have disabled all my other plugins except for the one I'm working on and it still doesn't work. Is something in Vanilla preventing me from hearing this event? Is there something I'm doing wrong? All the other jQuery events in the file work just fine (ie. mouseup, mousedown, mousemove, click, etc.) except this one.

The code I'm using just to even get it to work...

// track selection
jQuery("#Form_Body").select(function()
{
alert("select");
});

Thank you in advance for any insight anyone may be able to provide!

Comments

• Options
    TiGRTiGR
    edited October 2010
    It seems that jquery.form.js breaks .select, replacing it with it's own version that does just nothing when it deals with fields. Quite worth opening an issue on github, or providing a patch to fix this.
  • Options
    Sweet Moses, you're right! Sweet!

I might take a crack at a patch, but the author of the plugin will most likely be faster at it as I'm still learning... I'll probably open an issue as well while I work on it.

Thanks for helping me track it down! I would love to know how you did that so I can help myself next time. Bear with me, I'm still a bit of a n00b at all this HTML / PHP / CSS / JavaScript stuff since I come from the world of Flash / Flex development.