Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Just installed the wordpress addon

and it gave me an error message about the header. Can't see the message now, and the plug in folder is still present but the install failed. running wordpress 3.0.1. with thesis_18

Any help?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Can you try again to get the error message to appear?
  • If you attempt to upload the original zip file that downloads into WP, you'll get a "This plugin does not have a valid header" message.

That's because you have to first unzip the download file then go to embedvanilla > plugins > wordpress.zip

The wordpress.zip file is the one you want to upload into your WP plugins folder.
  • edited December 2010
    @mark This *may* apply to a newer plugin version than the original thread.
    Using WP3.0.2; V2.0.16; Embedded Vanilla 1.0.1;
    activating the plugin generates this WP error message
    The plugin generated 272 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.
    I don't think the plugin should do that, so there *may* still be some bugs.
  • Well, it is now January 12 and it still does it. Any ideas, folks? It must be 'arguing' with some other plugin.
  • My bad! The directory was installed in a sub directory which caused the issue. Sorry, guys.