Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

2.0.14 broken email notifications

bobthemanbobtheman
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Ive noticed that after i updated to 2.0.14, email notifications have completely stopped working. No email messages are being sent. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    is anyone else experiencing this?
  • Options
    Mine are still going but if a Twitter or Facebook user signs up the email is sent to "username@foo.com" and I have no idea what that's all about. Anyone else know?
  • Options
    is there anyway i can backtrace this, im not sure where to start with this, all the user preferences are sent to receive notifications for everything but the emails have stopped working since i updated to 2.0.14
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We've *fixed* a ton of notification problems (they were previously being redundantly sent). If NO emails are being sent, it is more likely a configuration issue. Are you using SMTP?
  • Options
    @Mark So what about this @foo.com? I thought my Twitter/Facebook apps allowed me to get hold of users emails?
  • Options
    @Mark

thanks for the reply, no smtp is set up. No emails are being sent for any activity to any users as far as i can tell. I have had around 5-10 private messages regarding the issue.