Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Settings page won't appear

tmilovantmilovan New
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi Lincoln,

I have tried to install both of your plugins (Formatting and DisussionPrefix) but for both of them plugin settings page is blank.

Of course, I have given my group permissions for your plugins.

I am running vanilla 2.0.14, and I have ported my forum from phpBB3 so my group ID's are different then ordinary Vanilla installation and maybe that causes the problem.
Tagged:

Comments

• Same for me.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    So you checked "Formatting -> Manage" under "Garden" permission and saved? And after that you have no permission to view /plugin/formatting?

The plugins don't use RoleIDs so that should have no effect on it.
  • Yep. Same for DiscussionPrefix. I have a link for settings in sidebar but when I click on it blank page appears. No errors or anything :(.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I can't reproduce the problem and I have no idea what's going on.
  • Would you like me to get you an admin access to my forum?
  • Same for me. Both of Formatting and DiscussionPrefix.

Change class.formatting.plugin.php to:
       //public function Controller_Index(&$Sender) {    // blank screen
    public function Controller_Index($Sender) { // fixed

I don't know why that happened but it's solved now.

I'm using local XAMPP 1.7.3 (with PHP 5.3.1).
  • I get a "Page Not Found" when clicking "Settings" after I activate the plugin. Monkied around a bit with no luck, uninstalled.
  • Anybody figured this out yet? I too am getting a blank screen. I tried removing the '&' as shown above, but that just bonked me.