Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to shorten URL

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I'm using custom pages plugin. I'm an IT Tech who is just starting to get his head into websites, so it may be something basic that I'm not doing, but here goes-

I've created a new page & stuffed it into /plugins/custompages/pages/ & called it test.php

I've created a new theme & edited the default.master.php to read "<$this->Menu->AddLink('Test', T('Test'), '/plugin/page/test');>" under line 14.

I get the shortcut link "Test" pop up on the menu & when I click on it I see the content from my new page, however the url is

"www.myurl.com/plugin/page/test"

Would someone be happy to write me an idiots guide so that I can change it to read:

"www.myurl.com/test"

I assume its something to do with Route Expressions which is talked about on the default page, but I don't know what it means?

Thanks

T

Comments

• edited November 2010
    On the dashboard there is a menu item called routes.
    If you create a route for "www.myurl.com/test" and
    change the menu item to point to "www.myurl.com/test"
    that should do it.
  • Thats done the trick. Thanks. I understand what Route Expressions are now!

For anyone struggling reading this post in the future, do the above & as per the documentation & make sure that you alter the default.master.php to:

"<$this->Menu->AddLink('Test', T('Test'), '/test');>" under line 14 & not as in my post above.

Thanks for the help. Love Vanilla!