Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

File Upload in conversation

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
File Upload won't show up in Add Message form and New Conversation form. How can I display the "Attached a file" link in those forms?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    It doesn't currently support that. You'd have to hack the plugin as it stands, or bribe @Tim with beer.

Personally, I'd never want to let people privately attach files where I couldn't see them.
  • Options
    This would be a great feature to have. I've successfully wrote custom plugins in the past to add various fields to the user profile, but haven't been able to successfully add any to the conversation forms (e.g. subject field). Is this even possible via plugin, at present?
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    We've had a few requests for this functionality and I plan to implement it as a switchable feature. I have a few things on my plate at the moment and they are firm priorities, but when I have a bit of time for addons again I'll probably get on this feature.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Great, thanks Tim.
  • Options
    I voted for this. I'd definitely want to see what people upload. Our forums is primarily for product support, and we need clients to be able to upload non-public client data files.
    How much beer does Tim need for this feature?
  • Options
    I'll second this. This could be very useful.
  • Options
    zodiacdmzodiacdm
    edited July 2011
    Third here. :)

I too need this on a client support based website. What I need is for users to be able to upload custom artwork for us to print.

I tried to integrate this plugin into my own, though I have been having trouble doing so, since much of it is dependent on discussions.

Until I get it working, it would be nice to be able to redirect them to a message to the Admins, which they can attach the file to.

I am sure that most people would not want to post custom artwork where it is available publicly, else I would use the discussion forum...

It would be greatly appreciated :)