Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Windows host question

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
My hosting company tells me the following:

"We are only a windows host so I`ll so we can`t move you to an apache machine. Looking at their site, I don`t think this software works on a windows server. You will need to contact them to verify this and maybe ask for proper install instructions for a windows server."

Can Vanilla run on a windows host, if so, what do I need to do to make that happen?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I had that issue with zencart on a windows server and I ended up just having to rename the .htaccess file to 1.htaccess - I am just not getting it right with Vanilla. It now seems that pod_mysql needs to be installed and enabled, so I'm waiting for my ISP to sort it out and then I'll see
  • Options
    yip, rename the htaccess files on the server and then get the ISP to install and enable pdo_mysql. seems to have done the trick to get the install screen up but now apparently I gotta find a way to get the install to look for port 3307 instead of 3306 for the database...that's now another discussion on its own