Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Mobile theme: how to display category name in discussion overview? [solved]

martzmartz New
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm currently looking into adjusting the mobile theme a bit so that the category name is displayed along with the discussion title (like in the normal theme).

As adjusting Vanilla themes is something new to me I'd be very happy if somebody could give me some help (e.g. what file to look into).

ok, solved it:
After comparing the normal vanilla theme with the mobile theme I copied some lines from the original theme to the helper_functions.php in the mobile theme folder, that did the trick.

A strange thing happened though, I had two copies of the php file. the original one - but changed its extension to .bak - and the changed version. That did not work, so I named the original one back to php and the changed version to .bk2 - then it worked! Somehow Vanilla picked up the bk2 file and not the php file - it seems to disregard the extension and only look at the first part of the filename (edit: or it could be a cache issue)