Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Issue using parent and child categories

SpencerMcSpencerMc New
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
If this has already been answered, I apologize. I searched and didn't see anything.
I'm having some problems creating parent categories and assigning categories to them. When I create the first parent category, all my categories are automatically added to it, regardless of how they are ordered in the dashboard(under the parent category or not). Any other parent categories that I create after the first don't appear at all on the forum page, again no matter how they are ordered in the dashboard.
Tagged:

Comments

• I would generally switch to the new version 2.0.17.3 since there have been improvements to categories in that version. Otherwise you can just drag and drop categories to order them.
  • I think the problem was with the theme I was using, actually. Dragging and dropping didn't make any difference. It's moot, though. When I updated to 2.0.17.3 the theme broke in several other ways, so I switched it out and things seem to be going smoothly now.