Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FileUpload Thumbnail path broken/wrong in Vanilla 2.0.17

oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010Switzerland ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am on Vanilla 2.0.17.3 and just used this Plugin for the first time (not tested on earlier versions and my environment).

The upload of an image file works perfectly - even with the progress bar. But already when the file is "temporary" up, it has a wrong path to the Thumbnail. And this is still the case after posting it:
Vanilla Plugin "FileUpload": Thumbnail link Issue on Twitpic

The path it tries to display the thumbnail from is:
http://myforum.com/forum/uploads/FileUpload/1/1.jpg
But it should be:
http://myforum.com/forum/discussion/download/1/uploaded-picture-name.jpg

Strangely, the Filename being displayed next to the Thumbnail is linked correctly...

Any clues on how to solve this issue?

Comments

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    I figured out, that it is a permission problem - see screenshot:

Vanilla File Upload Plugin: wrong permissions on uploaded file on Twitpic

This was a default image upload, but it's permissions have been set to nobody can read except the user. Although permissions of the parent folders /upload/ & /FileUpload/ are set correctly.

Any clues how to fix this for future file uploads?
  • I am getting an image error because the word thumbnail seems to be missing between the // in the following string in the source code..
    ..../vanilla/index.php?p=/uploads//FileUpload/9c/cf5c69f571e601a8ed12ad09b1eb32.jpg" alt="image">
  • Have the same problem.
  • I am having the same problem except neither the link for the image or the link for the image name work. I get a file not found error.
  • Any Update on this? I'm having the same problem. Tim?
  • I am seeing this too, image seems fine after the initial upload.
  • I downgraded to 1.4.0 and the thumbnails are working fine.