Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

zero comments showing in comment meta

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Upgraded to the latest version, the new categories setup is awesome.

I've set the homepage to display as All Categories. It looks good, except in the meta line underneath the category link. It displays the RSS logo, the number of discussions in the category, but it reads as 0 comments in the category.

This bug is unilateral, every category is showing it as zero comments. When I click through to the category itself and the discussions are listed, the comment count appears correctly.

@mark @tim @lincoln, what's the fix to the All Categories display on the homepage? How do we get it to tally and display the comment count for the entire category?

http://leafboxtea.com/discuss

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Those count fields were also new in this release. Post a comment or discussion in each category. It will correct itself when you do.
  • Options
    @mark Thanks!
    ...of course, if I had a busier forum, I never would have noticed the issue...!

The upside is, as I told my partner last night, as of this recent upgrade (the categories display especially - great job!), we now own the best-looking and most advanced forum on the internet for my niche! That's pretty exciting - now I just need to get people to discover it!