Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Import from phpbb3 and some issues!!

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,
imported all the users, cat, forums with some issues:
1.Installation doesn't work with Host socket/localhost. i've used to enable the Remote connections for the MySQL user and connecting with it.
MySQL Host: mysql5.s141.my-ownserver.com:3307
2. forums and categories are hidden for Guest :) Where can change it? EDIT: SOLVE it
3. alle the CODE bbcode tag content masking with html masking, but changing the tag to PRE work fine. its any why to use bbcode or change all the bbcode to html?
EDIT: replaced with sed all CODE tag to PRE in sql file. but still asking to using BBCODE possibility or syntax highlighting?

Kind regards
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    @sianariman : Can you explain this question some more please?
    3. alle the CODE bbcode tag content masking with html masking, but changing the tag to PRE work fine. its any why to use bbcode or change all the bbcode to html?
    EDIT: replaced with sed all CODE tag to PRE in sql file. but still asking to using BBCODE possibility or syntax highlighting?
    Remember, replacing some code with "pre" tags will probably not solve your problem. I just want to look at what the real problem is after converting from PHPBB3 and it's probably that the forum posts are filled with [b] and [code] tags, correct?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I was reporting the socket problem in you bug tracker in github. The solution is changing this in /vanilla/library/database/class.database.php:
    $Dsn = sprintf('host=%s;dbname=%s;', $Host, $Dbname);
    to
    $Dsn = sprintf('host=%s;unix_socket=/tmp/mysql5.sock;dbname=%s;', $Host, $Dbname);
    @UnderDog, replacing some code with "pre" tags will probably not solve your problem. I just want to look at what the real problem is after converting from PHPBB3 and it's probably that the forum posts are filled with [b] and [code] tags, correct?

yes with url, and li ..etc BBcode.

thnx
  • Options
    it's probably that the forum posts are filled with [b] and [code] tags, correct?
    yes with url, and li ..etc BBcode.
    Ok, this is going to be fun. I don't know if the porter application was ready for PHPBB3, let's assume it wasn't. I hope you are familiar with finding pieces of code inside PHPBB3. That will be part of the next step.

There are some ways of solving the problem. The way I would do it is to loop through all posts and replace the BBCode with proper HTML code. You will probably need PHPBB3's function for that.

There was an error rendering this rich post.