Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Proxyconnect Addon] Cookie Domain Setting screen not working in FF or IE

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have just tried setting up proxyconnect and it works but I have to press 'sign in' to sign in to the forum. Which as I understand means I have not set up the cookies correctly.

The problem I'm having is that when I press set ok the cookies box it disappears. It doesn’t look like its setting anything and when I reload it the 'currently' bit is still blank.

In IE it's even worse none of the settings boxes load at all.

Any help is much appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi scotland,

I'm having the same problem with the cookies box disappearing and no value being saved. Did you ever find a workaround for this?
  • Ok, for anyone else having this issue I have found the source of the problem...

When clicking the "ok" button to set the cookie domain Vanilla attempts to write this value to the /forum/conf/config.php file around line 26:

$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = ' ';

If you do not have the appropriate permissions set for this file the value cannot be written to it. Should you be unable to modify the permissions you can always edit this file manually to include your cookie domain.

Hope that helps!