Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Edit permalink in Wordpress plugin

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
@mark I want to edit the permalink in the wordpress plugin settings. Clicking the edit button doesn't do anything. The browser blinks but that it.

I'm able to edit permalinks throughout my wordpress install, just not there. There is some sort of formatting glitch, the line below runs into it and I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Comments

• alternatively is there someplace in the database (I've not been able to find it) or configuration files that it can be edited on the backend?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The permalink is just related to a wordpress page. You can edit the page directly. I've seen this happen before when ppl delete their forum page and the link can no longer be edited.
  • edited February 2011
    @mark - I know I can edit the page, but I was wondering where the permalink is stored for the plugin so I could change it manually on the backside. I already had a page for Vanilla (long complicated story about changing hosts and connecting a new Vanilla installation to an old Vanilla database - still not exactly sure how I did it. My config file is a mess right now, but it works.)

I still have the original page, but when I activated the wordpress plugin it created a new page with a new slug. I want to try and keep my original page for SEO reasons since that's were all my shortlinks and google searches link to.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I see. Well, you can just give your new page the old pages slug, or you can change the plugins pageid ref in wp-options table.
  • Page ID change was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for telling me where to look!