Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Disable RSS

Just wondering if there is a config setting to disable RSS.

Thanks!

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Not that I know of, and I'm not sure of the most expedient way to turn RSS off otherwise. @Tim maybe?
  • I guess I actually don't need to turn if off and should probably just focus my time on editing the view and removing the rss links from the category page.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    We didn't envision anyone having a specific crusade against RSS. It was seen more as a useful addon that noone would ever want to disable. As such, no built in off switch.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• edited March 2011
    haha understood. I'm on no crusade to banish RSS, I've just polled both my old and new community and have had exactly 0 users using the function.

No need to disable it though as I'll simply hide it from my theme. Thanks!

EDIT: For those interested, copy the file vanilla/views/categories/all.php into your custom them and edit.
  • todosteamtodosteam New
    edited February 2013

@matthewkris said:
    haha understood. I'm on no crusade to banish RSS, I've just polled both my old and new community and have had exactly 0 users using the function.

No need to disable it though as I'll simply hide it from my theme. Thanks!

EDIT: For those interested, copy the file vanilla/views/categories/all.php into your custom them and edit.

I'm a super noob, could you explain how to do it? Thanks. :)

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2013

there is a class RSS

you can do

.RSS{
       display:none!important;
    }

You can put that in your theme's design/custom.css (creating the file if it doesn't exist).

grep is your friend.

• I almost got it!

haha I was traying with

.RSS{ display:none; }

Thank you!

PD. I'm missing something, I can't get it to work. :S

• OK, it's working now. I think it was catched.