Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Porter issues

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Howdy all,

I've got a recent installation of Vanilla over on http://launchphx.com but need to re-locate it to launchphx.com/forums. Unfortunately, I'm not overly tech savvy and haven't had any luck just transferring the files over and changing the config.php file.

So, I've been trying to use the Porter to export my data, then import it into a fresh install.

Unfortunately, when I try and do it using the Vanilla 1 setting (there is no Vanilla 2 option) I get the following error:

"The Discussion table is missing the following column(s): DateCreated, AuthUserID, DateLastActive, Sticky, LastUserID
The Comment table is missing the following column(s): AuthUserID, DateCreated, EditUserID, DateEdited"

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I'm not really sure about moving Vanilla, but I'm surprised that updating your paths in config.php didn't work. However, I do know from reading the comments at the top of vanilla2export.php that it is not a script for exporting Vanilla 2, it is for exporting other forum data (vBulletin, phpBB, Simple:Press) into a Vanilla 2 import file. That's why it may not be exporting your Vanilla forum correctly, since it wasn't meant to?
  • @AlexBerger, is it ok if I change the topic title to attract more answers for you? Your issue is more about moving vanilla from 1 location to another.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Please do so Underdog, thank you.

Dudieboy,

Yeah. I imagine that's the problem. Any ideas on a potential solution?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Delete the ini files in your cache folder to move it.
  • Lincoln, tried that and it moved everything except for my content? Now looking at a naked install and freshly generated .ini files.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Moving files shouldn't empty your database unless you changed servers. Did you change your config file or delete your database?
  • Nope, neither. Just dragged the files into the new folder.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Is your data still in the database? Moving files has zero effect on users, comments, etc.
  • Yeah, that's what threw me off. Hoping to get into it later this week and see what's going on.