Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[2.0.17.8] : My Forum is broken after disabling "Vanilla" application (solved)

ntuyelikntuyelik New
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've installed Vanilla 2.0.17.8 on my server and it was really working fine.
In dashboard, in applications list, I disabled Vanilla application and my site is broken.
Then I clicked "Enable" for correction but it gave me the following error ;
The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:
Fatal error: Class 'CategoryModel' not found in /home/polo6r/public_html/applications/vanilla/settings/structure.php on line 60

I can still enter into dashboard by using /dashboard/settings
Can anyone help me about this problem?

My site is : http://www.herkesuzman.com

Comments

• Options
    If it was a complete new install, I would reinstall vanilla completely.
    Actually, it should not have been possible to disable the vanilla application. Something to take into consideration for the next version.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Add the application back using the conf/config.php file.
    I don't have access to this file at the moment, so I am unable to tell you what to add.

Maybe you won't even need to add anything, but just to cahnge a line from disable/FALSE to enable/TRUE. Search for "Applications" in the file.
  • Options
    Here we go:
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @UnderDog Of course it should be possible to disable Vanilla :) Not everyone uses the framework as a forum.
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    There was a problem in previous versions of the Autoloader (prior to 2.0.18, actually) where enabling an application or plugin which referred to its own resources during Setup() would cause an error because those files could not be located. This has been fixed in git and will be available in 2.0.18 / 2.1.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    ntuyelikntuyelik New
    edited March 2011
    I added $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla'; into my config.php,so it's OK now.Thanks for the support & solution @UnderDog
    Here we go:
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';
  • Options
    Of course it should be possible to disable Vanilla :) Not everyone uses the framework as a forum.
    Whoopz, Lincoln is right. Then while testing the new version let's see if the site doesn't break when disabling vanilla :-)

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    :-(

@ntuyelik: Actually, I gave the solution, @UnderDog had merely given you the correct line to add (that I wasn't able to provide, due to being at work in a big corporate without access to a live access of Garden/Vanilla2).

• Options
    @luc sorry, thank you first :)
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    It's just because I was annoyed not being able to get the correct line @ work. :p