Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Poll error - showing visible code on page instead

meadwaykmeadwayk New
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, Installed the poll, managed to set permissions correctly, and then when I went to an existing discussion (and I tried creating a new discussion) I got this appearing on then page, in the LHN:

_PollData)):?>
_PollData->title)?>
_PollAnswers->Result() as $Answer):?> votes / $this->_PollVotes) * 100)?>
title), 'vanilla/discussion/poll/'.$this->_PollData->id.'/vote/'.$Answer->id)?>
% (votes?> votes)

CheckPermission('Plugins.Poll.Manage')):?>
_PollData->id, 'Reset poll')?>
_PollData->id.'/reset', 'Reset poll')?>
_PollData->id.'/delete', 'Delete poll')?>
CheckPermission('Plugins.Poll.Manage')):?>
ID, 'Attach a poll')?>

Any ideas on how to resolve?

thanks,

Comments

• Anyone else having similar issues with this plugin?
  • I also have this issue, using Vanilla 2.0.17.8 and the embedded theme. Did you find a fix in the end?
  • Plugin is written with php short tags. "<? ?>"

You have to manually replace all "<?=" codes with "<?php echo ", and all remaining "<?" codes with "<?php"
  • thanks @onurguzel

I spent some time adding the tags as suggested above, and the poll now works fine. Very odd that the plugin has been released like this or will it work with some specific server configurations that accept php short tags? No idea how common servers that do, are, but at least I've got it working now :)

regards,
    Kris
  • Doesn't work in 2.0.18.4. Even when updating the php tags.

• Sorry, got it to work. Find function of my mac failed me. Was finding all "<?" tags.