Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Add Custom Dropdown to User Registration/Post

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Basically I want to add a dropdown with 2 values that the user selects one time during registration (user type), and then when they post that type is displayed on the post itself (similar to how tags are displayed preferably). I saw old posts for an addon that let you add extra fields to the registration process, but it doesn't seem to have been migrated to Vanilla 2.

I'm experienced with writing code in PHP and database interaction and have no problem writing a plugin, but I'm not sure exactly where I need to hook into in the app itself to access the user registration view, the user itself to add the field, and which view to change for that user field to be displayed on the post.

Also, I'm currently using the 'Embed Vanilla' version. Once I have this issue fixed, I'll be happy to work on fixing the SSO plugin, but at the moment this is a large point of failure for me.

Comments

• Options
    Nobody has any direction they can provide on this? Accessing user model/adding to it?
  • Options
    @limedesign did you ever make any headway on this? I'm working on something similar and had the same question.
  • Options
    any news on this?