Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Plugin overwrites the original Twitter sign-in plugin

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This plugin has the same filename/folder as the official/original Twitter sign-in plugin. If renamed it doesn't shows up in the Plugins admin page. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    If you don't want the official one, remove it.

Otherwise, it's a matter of renaming all sufficient stuff in this plugin.
    Look the doc at creating plugin and modify as necessary.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Since I need to use official Twitter plugin, I'm trying rename all sufficient stuff in your Twitter plugin. but I don't know which one is sufficient stuff... :(

I changed plugin folder name from "Twitter" to "Twitter_Button".
    Then changed 2 php files like this....

//class.twitter.plugin.php

$PluginInfo['Twitter_Button'] = array(
    'Name' => 'Twitter_Button',

// Settings.php

<?php echo Anchor(Img('/plugins/Twitter_Button/design/help-consumervalues-sm.png', array('style' => 'max-width: 763px;')), '/plugins/Twitter_Button/design/help-consumervalues.png', array('target' => '_blank')); ?>

Now I see this message in admin plugin page....

New object methods must be unique. The new "entrycontroller_twauthorize_create" method has already been assigned by the "TwitterPlugin.entrycontroller_twauthorize_create" plugin. It cannot also be assigned by the "TwitterPlugin" plugin.|PluginManager|RegisterNewMethod|

luc-san, PLEASE HELP !!!

• Options

likewise, would like to use plugin, but not sure which stuff to rename as I don't want to lose the twitter integration plugin? Any advice for a newbie?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

yamato said:
    Since I need to use official Twitter plugin, I'm trying rename all sufficient stuff in your Twitter plugin. but I don't know which one is sufficient stuff... :(

I changed plugin folder name from "Twitter" to "Twitter_Button".
    Then changed 2 php files like this....

//class.twitter.plugin.php

$PluginInfo['Twitter_Button'] = array(
    'Name' => 'Twitter_Button',

// Settings.php

<?php echo Anchor(Img('/plugins/Twitter_Button/design/help-consumervalues-sm.png', array('style' => 'max-width: 763px;')), '/plugins/Twitter_Button/design/help-consumervalues.png', array('target' => '_blank')); ?>

Now I see this message in admin plugin page....

New object methods must be unique. The new "entrycontroller_twauthorize_create" method has already been assigned by the "TwitterPlugin.entrycontroller_twauthorize_create" plugin. It cannot also be assigned by the "TwitterPlugin" plugin.|PluginManager|RegisterNewMethod|

luc-san, PLEASE HELP !!!

a wild guess from a cargo-cult programmer...

try changing ...

public function EntryController_Twauthorize_Create($Sender, $Args) {

to in the plugin that you are changing

public function EntryController_Twauthorize2_Create($Sender, $Args) {

you also probably need to change references to twauthorize to twauthorize2 elsewhere in the script. It should stop the error, but I can't vouch if the program will work as I don't tweet.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I have upload a new version that doesn't overwrites the oficial Twitter sign-in plugin.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/twitter_button-plugin-1.1