Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

site crashed, back to install page. Please help

bobthemanbobtheman
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have had vanilla installed for for 6+ months, no changes but for some reason when you visit my site its going back to the install page. Im not sure what steps i should now take.

http://guayadeque.org

please help

Comments

• Options
    config file contents :(

• Options
    ive tried to use the default config file, i added my hostname pwd username .. didnt work
  • Options
    dont have a backup of my config file available
  • Options
    ive restored my database from a backup, change my pwd, chmod'd my conf files, updated a new config-defaults with my new info, still doesnt work. Its going to the installer page, what else should i try?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Pretty sure this is a known bug that causes improper writing to the config file under certain circumstances.

You have to reinstall because you've lost your unique installation ID. That shouldn't mess up your forum as the install doesn't wipe the database.
  • Options
    k one sec i'll give it a try
  • Options
    update GDN_User User set Name = :Name, Password = md5(:Password), Email = :Email, ShowEmail = :ShowEmail, Gender = :Gender, DateOfBirth = :DateOfBirth, DateFirstVisit = :DateFirstVisit, DateLastActive = :DateLastActive, DateInserted = :DateInserted, DateUpdated = :DateUpdated, Admin = :Admin, UserID = :UserID The error occurred on or near: /home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/library/database/class.database.php 225: 226: if (!is_object($PDOStatement)) { 227: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('PDO Statement failed to prepare', $this->ClassName, 'Query', $this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo())), E_USER_ERROR); 228: } else if ($PDOStatement->execute($InputParameters) === FALSE) { 229: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR); 230: } 231: } else { 232: $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql); 233: }

then a backtrace
    Backtrace: /home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/library/database/class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler(); [/home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/library/database/class.database.php:229] PHP::trigger_error(); [/home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1584] Gdn_Database->Query(); [/home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1562] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query(); [/home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:484] Gdn_SQLDriver->Put(); [/home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.setupcontroller.php:189] UserModel->SaveAdminUser(); [/home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.setupcontroller.php:51] SetupController->Configure(); [/home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.setupcontroller.php:51] SetupController->Index(); [/home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:299] PHP::call_user_func_array(); [/home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/index.php:38] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

• Options
    i think its because im using my same email and username... but if i use a different one im going to have a hard time applying updates because of that dang user id=1 thing
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Trying to re-create the admin user died. Did the install complete otherwise?
  • Options
    tried a new username and email, same error
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Pro tip: It's not actually a userid=1 thing, it's that the 'Admin' column is set to '1' for the first user. You can manually set Admin to 1 for any user and they because a superadmin.
  • Options
    url points back to install page. and i dont follow you. are you saying make an admin user with the name "died" ?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Maybe try sticking this in config.php (inserting appropriate values between single quotes wherever it says 'x here'). PS: This is purely a guess on my part.

$Configuration['Database']['Name'] = 'dbname here'; $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'dbhost here'; $Configuration['Database']['User'] = 'dbuser here'; $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = 'dbpass here'; $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Conversations'] = 'conversations'; $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla'; $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed'; $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = '10 random letters here'; $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = ''; $Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = TRUE; $Configuration['Garden']['InstallationID'] = md5('random phrase here'); $Configuration['Garden']['InstallationSecret'] = md5('different random phrase here');
  • Options
    tried using my original admin info, and an entirely new set of user info, no luck
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    url points back to install page. and i dont follow you. are you saying make an admin user with the name "died" ?
    No, I was explaining what happened. It failed at the step of creating the admin user.
  • Options
    wont my prior salt and md5 need to match .. or else my old user accounts wont be able to log in?
  • Options
    tried it anyways, no luck :(
  • Options
    do you think i would have any luck with a fresh install and try to link to my old database ?
  • Options
    maybe delete the admin user from the database ?
  • Options
    Duplicate entry '1' for key 1 update GDN_User User set Name = :Name, Password = md5(:Password), Email = :Email, ShowEmail = :ShowEmail, Gender = :Gender, DateOfBirth = :DateOfBirth, DateFirstVisit = :DateFirstVisit, DateLastActive = :DateLastActive, DateInserted = :DateInserted, DateUpdated = :DateUpdated, Admin = :Admin, UserID = :UserID The error occurred on or near: /home/content/35/6109435/html/guayadeque/forums/library/database/class.database.php 225: 226: if (!is_object($PDOStatement)) { 227: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('PDO Statement failed to prepare', $this->ClassName, 'Query', $this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo())), E_USER_ERROR); 228: } else if ($PDOStatement->execute($InputParameters) === FALSE) { 229: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR); 230: } 231: } else { 232: $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql); 233: }