Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Server Host Invalid, Not Recognizing htaccess file on install

edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have attempted to upgrade my installation and ran into trouble so I tried a clean install using the database I previously used for my forum. Now I am getting a dashboard setup screen, but plugging in the info that worked for my previous install of Vanilla won't work. I receive two errors:

1. Are you sure you've entered the correct database host name? Maybe you mistyped it? The database reported:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host '~~Invalid~~' (1)

You must specify the name of the database in which you want to set up Vanilla.

2. Although I un-hid the htaccess file and uploaded it to the main Vanilla directory via FTP, I still receive a "You are missing Vanilla's .htaccess file. Sometimes this file isn't copied if you are using ftp to upload your files because this file is hidden. Make sure you've copied the .htaccess file before continuing." error message during setup. The 'write' access files have been checked, it's currently 777.

This is all really odd because all the database info is the same as my last install which worked fine. Upgrading actually broke it?

I'm using JaguarPC as my host, it's MySQL, and I'm using 'localhost' and the MySQL server host. It's PHP5. I tried editing my config file and not editing my config file, neither option worked.

Any ideas what's wrong here?