Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Admin Dashboard, ProxyConnect setup: nothing shows up under select box.

edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Screenshot attached. I'm working on localhost. If I select either "Wordpress Integration" or "Manual Integration", I see the progress animation for a second and then nothing happens. The area below is blank. I've set this up on other servers before and I know there should be a form under there where you can enter URLs for the session authentication and register/login (for SSO).

Any ideas? I've double-checked permissions on cache, upload, and config are 777 (ie, server can write there).

browsers: Chrome & Firefox
PHP version: PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze1 with Suhosin-Patch
Vanilla: 2.0.17.10
ProxyConnect: 1.9.3

Peter

ps -- I can't seem to attach the screenshot to this post

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @petersg5 I just checked locally and I have the same behavior. Getting that to work properly required some tomfoolery with the PluginManager, and it appears to depend on ProxyConnect actually being *activated* as the primary authenticator. Once activated, the forms work.

I'll look into it, but it would help if you'd log this as an issue at https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Thanks Tim. I'll log it in github as you requested.

How do I activate ProxyConnect as the primary authenticator? Didn't really see this in the admin dashboard. I do see "Current Authenticator" in Authentication and it's already set to ProxyConnect.

Peter
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Once proxy is the "Current Authenticator" you need to make sure you specify your site's signin urls and Vanilla will redirect to them when you click signin.