Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Bonk upon login

apbarrattapbarratt New
edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've only just installed Vanilla after discovering it earlier this morning.

It all seems good but after enabling one of the other built in themes (the embed safe one) I started getting a Bonk page. I changed it back to the default theme but I still get the bonk page. If I clear the cache to sign out, it works find, so it's only happening when I've logged in.

Also, because I cleared my browser history, I can't work out the address to get back into dashboard because, the bonk page doesn't have the dashboard button.

Please help :(

Answers

• I've managed to get back into dashboard but still not sure what to do about the bonk :(
  • OK, I don't know why, but switching to the mobile theme and back fixed it.
  • Seems now it only happens with anything other than the default theme. This is a problem as I need to use the Embed-Friendly theme.
  • uuuuhm... use the edit button next times.
    When you get a Bonk error, follow these steps:
    http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors/
    It's usually a problem with write permissions on the templates_c directory

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Woops, sorry, didn't think of that, will do next time.

I've got the dev error screen now though I'm struggling to work out what it's telling me. The error occured on or near "/library/vendors/Smarty-2.6.25/libs/Smarty.class.php" on line 1113: "trigger_error("Smarty error: $error_msg", $error_type);"

I've also got a lot of backtrace data but won't post it unless you want me to.

Where is the templates_c directory you spoke about? I wouldn't be surprised if it is a permissions issue as you suggested.

Andy
  • Well, I'm baffled, it's just all started working, I didn't change anything, it just started working, oh well. Thanks for your help UnderDog.
This discussion has been closed.