Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theming Question: Custom Menus HTML

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
So, I'm creating a custom theme for Vanilla, so it will look like my site theme.
The problem is that I'm creating my own HTML, but Vanilla's functions show not only the URL but also the HTML, which is bad for me because I only want the URL. Isn't there anyway to get only the URL?

PS: I'm editing the file default.master.php in my theme directory.

Answers

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I'm not sure what you're saying. What functions? What HTML?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• The menus functions. For example:

$this->Menu->AddLink('Dashboard', T('Dashboard'), '/dashboard/settings', array('Garden.Settings.Manage'));

This creates a full HTML for the dashboard menu, but I would like to just have the link/URL/hreaf. :)
  • Have you thought about setting the link name (i.e. 'Dashboard' in the above example) to whatever link URL you want displayed? Therefore it would display the link, as well as providing an actual link to that URL.
  • No. It will show HTML with the menus to that. I just want the URL, like:
    http://localhost/forum/index.php?p=/dashboard/settings
    This because the URL structure can be changed by the admin, so I want to know if there is any function that returns the correct URL. ;)