Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

reCaptcha does not show on registration page. IE shows security certificate error.

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I am using reCaptcha on registration page but every time it loads it gives an error message saying there is a security certificate error and it does not show reCaptcha.
I red this artice http://www.pc-productions.net/newsdetails.cfm?nid=11 and wanted to find out is this something what must be done by Vanilla administrator or I can do something on my end.

Thank you.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    I solved this problem yesterday. I am not sure if you experience the same problem: reCaptcha not showing on the registration page and IE giving security certificate error but if you do then here is what you have to do.
    Go to http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/docs/php.html and download latest reCaptcha Library for PHP. Unzip it in your computer, find file called recaptchalib.php, rename it to functions.recaptchalib.php and copy/overwrite it on top /Library/vendors/recaptcha/functions.recaptchalib.php on your webserver.

Basically, the idea is to update old reCaptcha library with new because Google has depriciated the old library and issued a new reCaptcha library which I beleive is not updated in Vanilla Forum 2.0. yet.
    I was told one of the developers that they will update it soon.

I hope it will help you.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Answers

• I am also experiencing problems with this, just that it only shows the reCAPTCHA box for certain users and not all.
  • Answer ✓
    I solved this problem yesterday. I am not sure if you experience the same problem: reCaptcha not showing on the registration page and IE giving security certificate error but if you do then here is what you have to do.
    Go to http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/docs/php.html and download latest reCaptcha Library for PHP. Unzip it in your computer, find file called recaptchalib.php, rename it to functions.recaptchalib.php and copy/overwrite it on top /Library/vendors/recaptcha/functions.recaptchalib.php on your webserver.

Basically, the idea is to update old reCaptcha library with new because Google has depriciated the old library and issued a new reCaptcha library which I beleive is not updated in Vanilla Forum 2.0. yet.
    I was told one of the developers that they will update it soon.

I hope it will help you.
  • hyphyhyphy New
    edited July 2011
    Would be nice if Google didn't do these sort of things in the future and kept these necessary updates on their own side of the server. Oh well. Thanks for the update and solution berdia!
  • My pleasure! Google at least has to send out mass email to everybody who is using reCaptcha and notify. I have other websites using it too and I would never knew about it if I have not found out here.

Anyway, wish you luck with your development. :)
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓