Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Anonymouse with 2.0.18b2

Rardor81Rardor81 New
edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I installed the plugin and it allows someone to start a new discussion-- but it does not allow someone to comment on an already existing discussion (it asks for a login).

Does anyone else have this working in 2.0.18b2? Don't know if it's a compatibility issue or something wrong in my setup
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    same problem as well. anyone know the solution to this?
  • Options
    I tried it on a fresh install, and it works. I can't get it to work after adding/removing categories, however.

Some issues I've spotted:
    1) For some reason the Anonymouse settings don't save. I choose the categories, click save, then return to this settings page-- and they are unchecked again. I believe this is the problem.
    2) When posting a new discussion, a guest can choose ANY category, including "Root", as well as categories that have permission to guests denied.
  • Options

1) For some reason the Anonymouse settings don't save. I choose the categories, click save, then return to this settings page-- and they are unchecked again. I believe this is the problem.
    experiencing the same problem. this add-on needs updating and is not compatible with 2.0.18b2.
  • Options
    Same issues here.

1. Guest cannot add comment.
    2. Setting cannot be stored.

Seems no solutions for these?
  • Options

I too have found that while Anonymouse worked fine with 2.0.17, the settings won't "stick" in 2.0.18. This seems strange to me. Has anyone found a fix for it yet please?

• Options

Same problem here =_="

• Options

Are there any news on this? As I am considering to make the switch from phpBB to vanilla, I am very upset that this is out-sourced to a plugin and thus not 100% sure to be ported over to newer releases. In phpBB this is a built-in feature that is very customizable (own captcha replacement, large choice of captcha systems etc etc).

• Options

Can I recommend that you wait for the 2.1 release of Vanilla in combination with the Anonymouse plugin?
    I'm not saying that the bugs won't be fixed with that version, I'm saying that if there are serious bugs, it doesn't make sense to fix them now, but just wait for 2.1 is better and make a bug-fix-ready-for-2.1 release

Also see this discussion: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14170/anonymouse-2-1-5-bugs-and-some-fixes

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Thanks for your reply. That link actually helped me quite a bit. Any estimate on when 2.1 will be released?

• Options

No, no estimate, but I have the feeling it will be soon.

If you want to try 2.1 on your local computer (localhost) look on gitHub to download that version. According to http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19820/vanilla-forums-git-branching-model you need to look in the 'develop' branch on gitHub.

There was an error rendering this rich post.