Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Double posting

RajioRajio
edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
My forum has been having a weird bug for a while now. I did a fresh install and thought that might solve it but it hasn't.

Basically when a user posts a comment in reply to a discussion sometimes i will appear twice in the comment list above after they hit 'post comment'

It looks like it double posted.

The thing is - it doesnt double post. if you refresh the page, or re-visit it, the post is suddenly only there once.

its an issue since users see the phantom double post, attempt to delete it, and end up deleting the real post and the user gets confused and frustrated.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That's the javascript doing this.

It happens sometimes but not all the time.
    For me, it's mostly when I'm on mobile using edge/3G. Not so much using a fast connection.
    I've just think it might be linked to having a draft version of the document already autosaved.

Answers

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That's the javascript doing this.

It happens sometimes but not all the time.
    For me, it's mostly when I'm on mobile using edge/3G. Not so much using a fast connection.
    I've just think it might be linked to having a draft version of the document already autosaved.
  • yup - i just installed the stop-autodraft plugin and i dont seem to be getting phantom double posts anymore (havent tested too thoroughly)

thanks.