Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Installation Issue: Some of your folders do not have the correct permissions.

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Doing a clean install of Vanilla 2. Getting the following error below:

Some of your folders do not have the correct permissions.

Using your ftp client, or via command line, make sure that the following permissions are set for your vanilla installation:
chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/vanilla/conf
chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/vanilla/uploads
chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/vanilla/cache
Running:
Apache/2.2.17 (Fedora)
PHP Version 5.3.6
Mysql 5.5.14

pdo.so and pdo_mysql.so explicitly defined by path in php.ini
vanilla installed to /var/www/html/vanilla which I've down the following things to try to resolve the permission issues.
chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/vanilla/{conf, uploads, cache}
chmod -R 775 /var/www/html/vanilla
chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/vanilla
edited the .htaccess file in /var/www/html/vanilla to have correct path for RewriteBase

Answers

• Tried turning off SELinux in Fedora15, but that made no difference. Anyone have any suggestions or where I should start?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    php as an apache module or running as cgi? Because as cgi, it could be running under another username.

Anyway, as you set all the writable dirs to 777, it should be OK.
    Try to find some log files (apache, php) that might give some more indication.
  • AnonusAnonus New
    edited September 2011
    I am having this same problem. I am playing with Vanilla 2 in XAMPP in Safari on Mac OS X 10.6.7.

I am running Apache 1.1, MySQL 5.1.44, and PHP 2.02. Somehow, opening up the executable files in some of the folders managed to get rid of conf and uploads's problems, but not cache's.
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2011
    usually set to 0775 not 0777. That is not the issue but why set to 0777? it is not usually required or a good idea.

setting /var/www/html/vanilla to 0775 not good. It should be 0755 and your www folder should be 0750

grep is your friend.